We love teachers in my house. Teachers wear so many hats - not sure if I could ever be a teacher. Not only do we love teachers, we love the principles, office staff and even the hall monitor! I try to give everyone a little something for the holidays - usually a gift card. But for Teacher's Appreciation Week, I try to give handmade gifts. Not sure if the hall monitor will enjoy these but I think most of my daughters teachers will. I created hand-dipped pencils and a super cute tag to attach.
Milk Shake Straws
2 - Boxes
1. Cut the straws down to 4 inches
2. Cover the bottom of the straws with painters tape.
3. Attached the straws to the side of a box so the can remain standing while dipping pencils - see picture below.
4. Fill the straws with paint
5. Dip straws.
6. Allow the pencils to dry over night, using another box I had on hand, I cut holes in the box so the pencils can dry upside down.
To package, I added the pencils into a bag and attached a cute tag. You can find the printable here.